Thursday, September 25, 2014

A Rainbow of Colour

It is quite fortuitous that Hilda brought this Liberty and Linen quilt she recently finished for a show and tell this week. 
I had been playing around doing some paper piecing with this honeycomb shape. 
 A client had been talking to me about Lucy Boston quilts. When I looked at some images I thought the Lucy Boston block would look amazing in Liberty prints. 
Everyone seems to be paper piecing at the moment. New papers arrived from the Quilt Fairy so I got stuck in. I cut these 2 inch hexagons out of some boho pieces I had already patched together. I just wanted to see how they would go in a hexie. 

Our Liberty sticky tapes are now available in the above prints in a full range of widths
 This week Emily brought in this Liberty gem for me to admire. The colours in this quilt are just perfect. I love them, they make me feel really good and they are so easy on the eye. My new favourite Liberty strippy