Friday, November 1, 2013

Christmas is in the Air!

Here are a few of the projects we have been working on to get you in the mood
I wanted to make something fun for my little girl for Christmas. Lizzet suggested I do something fun like this so I tried it and I love it! I used the japanese linen spots. I have written the pattern & instructions and will have them in the shop possibly tomorrow if I can get my hands on an A3 printer this arvo.... 
I didn't quite cut enough fabric for the back piece so I decided to add a funky red heel and I think it really works.
Lizzet also made something fun for her babies. Fur babies that is! We already have orders for them. They are so cute!
Hilda made this funky patchwork stocking showing you how to incorpaorate a lovely selection of ribbons 
To suit the more traditional palette Hilda also made this stylish number complete with mini, mini me bunting
I recently recreated an owl mobile that my Mumsy had made when my older brother was born and I loved them so much I thought why not make some Christmas tree decorations. That way I can still decorate the bottom of my tree with toddler friendly ornaments... 
This cool guy is one of the three wise men...!
Introducing Elf Owl
& Angel Owl
Complete with Halo...
They are super easy to make and really fun and I have also done the pattern & instructions to make these too. This would be a good project to do with children as it is all handsewing and employs some really fun, simple techniques.