Thursday, July 18, 2013

My Girl...



A few blogs ago I showed you a selection of fabrics I playing around with to make some floor cushions for my little Liberty girl.... Here is the finished product!
I've used a selection of old ones from my stash plus some new seasonal Liberty fabrics.
I made a second cushion for the shop so come in and take a look. If you would like to learn how to make this durable eye catching floor cushion, book a class with us..
Liberty likes it!
Ages & ages ago I made this Liberty strippy quilt top. it's been waiting in the wings to be quilted like so many others....
Liberty really needed a warm quilt for the winter so I recently finished it. I wanted the quilt to be really soft and warm so I used the beautiful wool wadding that we stock at the shop because it is light and warm. I hand quilted with a naive running stitch using Aurifil cotton (red spool) which is a slightly thicker thread....
It just feels really lovely and soft and is super warm.... I think this picture says it all. Love.
This week I got spurred on to complete this little Liberty quilt for the shop using the wool wadding and aurifil thread.
This quilt will be in the shop as a sample for customers to see how gorgeous and soft the quilt has become with the wadding and hand quilting
New patterns and new books have also arrived into the store. Including this very cute, long sleeved dress for little girls..... Also has a sleeveless option.