Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Branching Out

New & exciting things are a foot at Materialise with lots of new stock rolling into the store, plus a few new crafting projects just to keep us guessing & playing and mixing it up.....!



I bought this cool panel fabric with a variety of cute & comfortable houses
& the groovy co-ordiantes below. There are many more in this range to choose from in the store including some cute chicken and miniature daisies.....

We all know how hard it can be to find beautifully soft plain fabrics in just the right shade of colour.... My long quest looking for such fabric has thankfully come to an end with these plain cottons by P&B. Made in the US the colour range is awesome and HUGE and I will be adding to it as the need arises. If you are looking for an exact colour........ I'm open to suggestions......

New Liberty fabrics are also available.......

 Including 5 inch charm squares in packs and co-ordinated fat eighth fabric packs...... Yum, yum!


 With lots of new colours to choose from my Butterfly garlands are coming back by popular demand. 
I am currently putting together the "Butterfly Kiss" kits in different colourways including a garland made using some of my vintage fabrics. 


To make way for all the new Liberty's I have decided to sell a few metres here and there of some of my old ones..... Each day I will bring in something new as I uncover & sort through my stash....


For quite a few years now I've enjoyed making beaded bracelets and the like for myself and my friends.... I've never known how to make them properly which was really annoying because I'd forever be losing my precious stones when the beading wire snapped!!! Ouch


Lately Alex has been making jewellery for the shop and so I've had the chance to learn a few new skills from him which has changed things immensely. Although still wearing training wheels I feel as though I have been given wings to fly.......



This beautiful linked sterling silver bracelet with a whimsical handmade daisy chain is quite covetable.

Come in and check out some of the other cool pieces Alex has made for Materialise.....


 Or come in and do a class with Alex and learn how to make these cool things yourself.........