Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Addicted to Polka Dots

As the new stock rolls in it's becoming alarmingly apparent that I have gone completely overboard and O.D'd on spots..... We have polka dots in every shape, size, colour & even in every shade of every colour...

"A girls gotta have options"


Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it...
As it turns out I'm not the only one addicted to spots... 


Last week some of the cool people in Perth dropped by to use the shop as a set for the short film they are making. 


Written by young film-maker Tania (pictured below) "De Choix" is a fun story about a girl who is addicted to polka dots in every which way.....
"haha I love it!"


The guys working on the set where really professional, it was great fun watching this talented & extremely organised crew do their thing... 


After shooting all morning at Materialise they then headed to Wall Candy on Beaufort Street in Mt Lawly. Kewl!!!




As promised my quilt "Tribute to Dior, Homage to Liberty" is back up in the shop for a little while. So for all those customers who have been asking to see it again please come in and take a look.......  (I won't hang it for a long time because I don't want it to go out of shape)



I made this quilt 4 years ago now for a competition in France. The theme for the comp was "Fashion, the reflection of an era"...... Using entirely Liberty fabrics I pieced hundreds of tiny scraps together to represent a voluptuous flowing skirt... 


Here are some pictures of one of my latest patchwork projects that I thought may be of some interest. Lately quite a few customers have talked about wanting to do some upholstery... 



Another addiction I seem to have is with old chairs. For years I've been collecting cool 'one off' old chairs that I like. The garage is looking a little crowded so I got stuck into piecing a selection of my favourite oldy worldy rosy fabrics which I then quilted and used to cover this cute little bedroom chair.


It's not quite finished..... I still need to make the box pleated skirt which covers the legs


Available for all to see soon in the store......